Flexible Spending Accounts
For those with the Classic Silver or Value Gold Plan:
A Flexible Spending Account (FSA) allows an employee to set aside a portion of earnings, up to $2,500/year, to pay for qualified medical or dependent care expenses. Money deducted from an employee's pay into an FSA is not subject to payroll taxes such as Social Security and Medicare, resulting in substantial payroll tax savings.
IRS Publication 969 describing FSA's - see page 15
Phone: 800-444-1922 extension 1
The Flex Debit Card can only be used at IIAS certified merchants. Use this linked website to locate a store near you that takes the FSA card.
Local stores that accept the FSA card include:
- Walmart - Gail Garner/Iron Springs in Prescott
- Walmart - Highway 69/Prescott Lakes Parkway in Prescott
- CVS Pharmacy - Miller Valley Rd in Prescott
- CVS Pharmacy - Windsong Dr. in Prescott Valley
- Sam's Club - Highway 69 in Prescott Valley
You should be able to use your FSA card with your medical providers as long as they accept credit/debit cards.